I have a secret… a dirty little secret that I have been keeping to myself for far too long… A secret that I have been hiding from friends and family. Though some of them have seen signs, they may not yet grasp the magnitude of the situation.
I am obsessed, addicted, hooked. I can’t seem to get enough of it… and the thrill it gives me only makes me crave more! Some might call it compulsion, delusion, or infatuation… I call it….
My dirty little secret….
My blog is like the perfect lover!!!
(And we are having a secret affair!)
I am seriously, completely, and utterly in love with blogging. I think about it more than I probably should. I confess I am obsessed, and I’ll tell you why…
Reasons I Love My Blog So Much (and Why It’s The Perfect Lover):
- It’s reliable – My blog is always there when ever I need it. Like a best friend and lover it is a shoulder to cry on, a friend to laugh with, or an understanding ear when I need to vent my frustrations. It always has my back, no matter how outrageous I am being, and it never fails on me when times get tough.
- It’s trustworthy – If I tell it something in confidence, I can trust that it will not make it a public affair. It keeps my secrets and stores my deepest fears without ever making me feel insecure.
- It ‘gets’ me – There is a level of understanding there that I can’t get anywhere else in my life. I can speak freely without fear of rejection. I can express my displeasure without fear of hurting feelings, and I can open up my heart with out fear of getting hurt myself. It will not argue with me, or put me down. It allows me comfort and safety to open up and share my whole self.
- It allows me freedom – No matter where I go it is always there by my side. It allows me to do what I please, when I please, without question. No matter how wayward the idea it is with me 100%.
- It helps me grow – Through support and reassurance my blog helps me grow. It teaches me things about myself and others on a regular basis without forcing it on me. It shows me things that I would never otherwise have seen and it allows me to connect with others that I would never meet any other way. It is constantly helping me change my perspective on things and it gives me new ideas every time we connect.
- It is the silent support I so desperately require – Instead of forcing thoughts on me, telling me what I should do, be, or think, it is always there silently ready and willing to listen as I sort my thoughts out on my own. It supports me the without stress that life often offers.
- It is sensitive to my needs – If I am feeling down it is there to comfort me. On days when I am lazy it does not get mad if I don’t drop by. When I want to spend hours exploring and sharing, it is always ready for me. It understands if things are crazy, and it never seems to mind that there are long periods where my interest are elsewhere altogether. It seems to know what I need, and it waits confidently knowing I will return with stories to share.
- It boosts my ego – My blog is constantly boosting my ego. It gives me confidence each and everyday. The more I share with it, the better it makes me feel. It reassures me and encourages me to do more. It never brings me down, even on a bad day it always seems to perk me up one way or another, with a good story or a quick laugh.
- There is solid communication – When I am trying to say just the right thing, in just the right way my blog always helps me get it out. It allows me the ability to communicate my emotions and thoughts with such simple ease. It connects me to the world and opens my imagination, helping me reach people and places I could only dream of before.
- It requires little effort on my part – It needs no attention, it does not ask that I give up myself or my interests to please it. It never nags me for more of my time, or a deeper effort, it knows that I do my best with what I have. When I am slacking it gently reminds me that it is there if I need it, without pressuring me to drop what I am doing and focus on it.
- My husband is not jealous – My husband is comfortable with my love affair. There is no tension or discomfort, and though he may not understand my need, he understands my reason. He does not interject or involve himself and he is comfortable with the relationship I have formed…. and that my friends is the best part!
Possibly, But Probably Un-Related Articles
- The “Dirty Little Secret” of Facebook (Access Control) (socialb2p.com)
- Kara’s Dirty Little Secret (hills2city.wordpress.com)
- “The Dirty Little Secrets of Search” – Additional Information (cocaman.ch)
- 10 Ways To Connect Better with your Blogs Followers (profitonknowledge.com)
- Twitter’s Dirty Little Secret (e1evation.com)
- The Dirty Details: To Blog or Not to Blog? (alissahicks.wordpress.com)
- The “Dirty Little Secret” About Casey James! (wycd.radio.com)
- The Dirty Little Secret of Conversions: It’s About Relationships (cash-bandit.com)