Well I have been blogging on here for quite a while now and I realized that it might be time to let my readers get to know me a little better, find out who I am, and discover what makes me tick. In light of this I have created a new category called pieces of me Inspired by Thypolar’s fantastic blog (check it out if you haven’t done so already… It’s a great read and always entertaining)
To start off this section, and get inspired, I have decided to answer a few questions about myself… Some are deeper more meaningful questions, others are just the basics that I feel you may want to know… So without delay:
- What’s your name? Katherine (I go by K8)
- How old are you? 28 (Will be 29 in November…Scary stuff!)
- Where did your blog title come from? Well I guess it came for the fact that I am a bit of a crazy person… and a Mama of two that is always ranting and raving about some thing.
- What is your current living arrangement? Currently we live in Toronto, Ontario. There is myself, my two kids, my hubby our pain in the butt dog and Two buggies that will hopefully be gone by the weekend as they are driving me absolutely batty.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? When I was younger I wanted to be a singer/writer. I can’t sing now to save my life… Years of smoking have taken their toll….
- What is your dream job? Writing. I love to see a finished piece and know that it was a creation from my mind, a thought that no one else ever had but me… I love knowing that people are reading something that is a part of me and actually enjoying it.
- What is your favorite movie? That’s a hard one… Probably Back Draft. It’s such a great movie… Thrilling and touching all at the same time!
- Do you have any children? Did you want to have children? I have two Children… ‘C’ my son who is 7 (almost 8) years-old and ‘L’ who is just turning 15 months. I had never wanted children.. The responsibility of it scared me, but now that I do I wouldn’t change it for the world!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully not where I am today. I am hoping that sometime in the next 5 years I can get a career and perhaps be in a better place. My life thus far has been a series of mishaps that have gotten me nowhere, and so I am working on my plans to attain bigger, better things for the future.
- Who in your family are you closest to? Another one that is difficult to answer. I get along with my family well for the most part. I am close with both my parents and my older sister.
- What is your favorite book of all time? Wally Lamb – She’s Come Undone. A must read for anyone, especially women. The story of a girl who suffers from low self-esteem and the battle it creates in her life. It is both witty and touching. You will laugh as well as cry.
- What are you most afraid of? Death.
- What is your favorite quote? “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind!”
- What was your childhood like? I had a fantastic childhood, my parents were very active in our lives and we had a very secure and stable life. We did a lot of family activities together and had a close relationship.
- What advice would you give yourself 5 years ago? 5 years from now? 5 years ago I would have told myself to let things go. I would have explained that what seems important now is not going to matter tomorrow. I would have told myself to surround myself with positive people who will help me grow and let go of those who bring me down. For the me 5 years from now I will say the same thing… keep focused on yourself and your needs everything else will fall into place.
- What do you want your headstone to say? Outgoing, Outspoken and Outrageous… Lived Her Life to the Fullest.
- When was the last time you cried? I cry often. I am an overly sensitive person, and I also cry when I am very angry…
- Are you married? Do you want to be? Why/Why not? I am not married. I would get married when I found someone who treated me as an equal and I knew that I was going to spend my life with them.
- What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Hmm…Physically or Mentally? Physically it is their eyes and body shape. Mentally it is their level of confidence and their ability to make me laugh…
- How would you describe your inner circle of friends? I don’t have many close friends anymore, life changed and we lost touch, went off in different directions. The ones I do have are honest and reliable. They are there for me without judgment and they always have my back when I need them.
- What’s your view on Religion? I don’t have one at this point, and I avoid thinking about it at all costs… That is one of those touchy subjects that can get me rambling on and on for hours, arguing points until the cows come home.
- What is your favorite smell? Sound? My favorite smell is fresh-cut grass, and my favorite sound is leaves crunching under your feet.
- Your biggest Pet peeve? People who talk down to you.
- What kind of drunk are you? I am not the nicest drunk… hence why I rarely drink. I am one of those people who thinks they are ten-feet tall and bullet proof when they drink… I am far to honest to drink because I don’t think before I speak.
- How do you cheer yourself up when your feeling down? Music and writing are my goto’s when I am blue….
- What are you most passionate about? Writing. I have this unexplainable need to express myself, and when I try to do so vocally people seem to take offence (see above: too honest) Thus I use writing to get the feelings out and share myself with others.
- If you could help one charity achieve their goal which would it be? There are too many that need help.. but lately I am in tune with Dove and their mission to help girls gain self-esteem. I am a strong believer that building positive self-image for girls is an important part of a successful future.
- How would you define true friendship? Wow… Ummm.. True friendship is that person who stands beside you and supports your choices even when they know you are wrong. It is someone who trusts that you need to learn for yourself, and still loves you even after you have made countless mistakes.
- What do you offer to a relationship? I am a deeply passionate person. I offer unconditional love and equal respect. I offer that I will do unto you only as you do unto me.
- What makes you angry? Too many things to list…. but I’ll name a few… People who put others down, men hitting women, rape, violence, child abuse, ignorance, lying, self-absorbed people, inconsiderate people, people who set out to hurt others on purpose.
- Do you believe in luck or fate? I believe in fate. I think everything happens for a reason.
- What song has a message you love and want to share with the world? The is a song by Nickleback called ‘If everyone cared‘ and it holds an amazing message for the world. Look it up if you have never heard it and listen to the beauty in the words.
- What do you love about the city you live in? What do you hate? I love the constant chaos, the excitement, and the big city feel.. I hate the constant chaos, the excitement and the big city feel….
- What stereotype to people make based on your appearance? Dumb Blonde….
- Are you sure of what you want to do in life? I am not sure of what I want to do in life… never have been. I change my mind daily about what I want to do, or who I want to be… so I stick with the few things that have always been consistent such as writing and music…
- How would you describe your relationship with your parents? My parents were amazing while I was growing up, and they still are now. They were loving and supportive and always there when you needed them. I have heard horror stories from other people about their parents and their childhoods… I feel lucky to have two loving, caring people who have been happily married for over 35 years and always did what was best for me. They truly
wereare great parents!
There are a few little pieces of me… I plan to share more in the future, but this is a start.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask, I am usually very open and honest.
Possibly, But Probably Un-Related Articles
- What Are You Really Mad At? Using Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI) Skills to Help Kids Understand and Manage Anger (psychologytoday.com)
- Unleash your love on the world. (epicchangeblog.org)
- Don’t mess with the mama’s. (leoniefennell.wordpress.com)
- What did Mama Say? (elizabethre.wordpress.com)
- Something stole my Mama’s mind (fallenangel39.wordpress.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day Mamas! (wiredwittyandwelldressed.com)
- Top Natural Parenting Posts (wifemomandmore.wordpress.com)
- Ageless? (everydaygyaan.com)
- Dear Diary, (loungelassie.wordpress.com)