I tend to read and see a number of lists online each day, and so I thought I would post one of my own. Here is my list of:
Great Sites to Visit, When Your Not Blogging:
- HabitForge.com – Studies show that it takes at least 21 days to form a habit, and with the help of HabitForge it is easier than ever to succeed. This site allows you to choose something you want to accomplish each day and sends a gentle email asking if you’ve completed your task. By clicking yes or no this site will keep track of the number of days you have succeed. But Beware…When you click ‘No’ the clock starts over. Why? because to form a habit you must complete the action for at least 21 days straight. A great site for those who hope to create a healthier lifestyle, or lose a bad habit.
- The Happiness Project – Gretchen Rubin had an epiphany one day on a city bus and made a choice that changed her life. The Happiness Project is a memoir of her year-long journey to happiness. Providing great tips, tricks, advice and outlines to begin your own ‘happiness project’, it is a site that is worth checking out. Now a best-selling book, The happiness project spread like wild-fire with many great links to groups and ideas for living a happier life!
- Makezine – This fantastic site provides you with a plethora of DIY projects, complete with photos, video, and detailed instructions. Everything from mixing the perfect drink, to building an Ikea bookshelf at home. Perfect for the handyman of the house, anyone who wants to create, or simply for great ideas on various things. Check it out, there is something there for everyone. The is a magazine, blog, list of projects with instructions and photos, as well as an active forum. One of my favorites is the Mushroom Stool Project, great for the kids to sit on at home!
- iVillage – Another great site to get lost in, with tips and articles on Health, Entertainment, Style, Food, Living, Parenting, and so much more, this site provides hours of useful information. There is a newsletter, message boards, videos, horoscopes and more… Check it out and get lost in the knowledge.
- eHow – eHow.com is your How-To source on everything. With literally hundreds of topics to choose from, you can learn the basics of anything you can imagine. Become an expert on ‘grilling the perfect burger’, ‘conserving water’, the perfect bathing suit for your body type, and many more interesting items. I am pretty sure that users can apply to write for the site as well, so buckle down and exercise your brain with the never-ending information this site provides on every imaginable subject.
- More Magazine – More.com is Canada’s site for celebrating women over 40. With informative articles, videos, contests and an active newsletter, it is the go-to site for 40+ women. Don’t fear if you’re not yet 40+ this site is a great source of information for anyone and holds a ton of great advice, as well as links to fantastic sites around the web. With a My More” section they make their site completely custom to the reader, allowing you to have an online profile, post reviews and easily keep track of your favorite articles. Check it out today!
- Tiny Buddha – Tiny Buddha is about taking the time (even a moment) to reflect of the simple things in life. With great quotes on thousands of topics, tips, advice, and stories from readers, it is the go-to source for peace and reflection. There is also an active Facebook community, and the ability to follow Tiny Buddha on Twitter. The site provides great sources of information, books for purchase, and many great thoughts to consider daily. Take a moment to check it out and find a little peace in this hectic world!
- Because I am a girl – This amazing website is dedicated to the enhancement of women throughout the world and the impact that helping girls has on society as a whole. With great links to stories, articles, and charitable sites it is a must see for everyone. The activism of this site is amazing and the difference they are making throughout the world is substantial. Check out their site and help out if you can, they provide ample ways for you to donate or share in their wonderful cause, or simply read all of the interesting stories the site has to offer and learn a thing or two about the power of being a girl!
- Craftgawker – This is an amazing website for anyone who loves crafts, or aspires to create beautiful things. With literally thousands of links to DIY craft projects and various websites, you will never run out of inspiration. Check out their ‘Most Favorited’ and create a personalized list of your own. Try out some of the crafts, or revel in others creativity.
- MadGab – This great game has been a favorite of mine for years, and is always a guaranteed laugh alone, or with a group of friends. Play Mad Gab online and have a little fun with words in a world where nothing is ever what it seems.
- Omegle – This interesting little site allows you to chat with random strangers. There is no sign-up required you simply visit the site and chat away. You have the choice of text chat or video chat, and then they randomly link you up with a stranger somewhere in the world to chat away with. It is great fun, and an interesting way to meet new people and possibly make new friends… Next time you are bored and looking for someone to talk to check them out!
- Marc and Angel Hack Life – This is a great site filled with positive information. Providing lists on many positive and life changing subjects, it is a useful tool for everyone. Among the many are: 20 Ways to Make Today Unforgettable, 50 Things Everyone Should Know How To-Do, and 18 Things I Wish Someone Told Me When I Was 18. There is hours worth of reading here, and millions of ideas for bettering your life.
- Zen Habits – Another great site for optimal living, with valuable tips to help improve your life and get the best out of each moment. It is about finding simplicity in the midst of daily chaos… Worth checking out!
- Instructables – Another; Make, How-To, and DIY site that is worth checking out. With thousands of projects to choose from ranging from food to home, useful to strange, there is something on this site guaranteed to spark your interests and get your construction creativity flowing. They even have user contests, a blog, a forum, and a answers section to help you find everything, and anything, you may need to know, make, or create.
- Helium – Of course I had to add a Pay-to-write site here. Helium is a great site for writers who want to earn a bit of cash. With various categories, excellent writing tools, and a great easy-to-use community, Helium makes it easy to put cash in your pocket doing what you love. I have been on Helium for a while and have actually earned real cash!!! Join Here
- Pinterest – I am obsessed with pinning! I have gathered a great number of ideas for home, art, my kids, crafts and even my blog through pinterest. If you have not checked out the site yet, you MUST! Trust me, it’s HOURS of entertainment and inspiration!
And of course the ample blogs here on WordPress always provide exciting information and make for really great reading!
What are your favourite sites to visit?
Some Other Stuff You Might Want To Read:
- 20 Scam-Free Ways to Make Money Online Fast (undisputedlegal.wordpress.com)
- Secrets of Adulthood (ageofthediary.wordpress.com)
- Want To Know Yourself Better? Ask Yourself These Questions. (happiness-project.com)
- The Happiness Project (pureandsimpleliving.wordpress.com)
- Like Running in the Ocean (youdeservebetterhealth.wordpress.com)