Well there is less than a week until school starts and as usual I am not prepared at all… In fact, I am nowhere near ready. This years disorganization takes the cake in comparison to any other year before it. I am not known for my strong organization skills, and I am in fact known well as ‘procrastination queen’ (as well as drama queen, queen bitch, and spoiled princess)
This year I have somehow managed to completely and utterly out do myself and have managed to completely avoid any of the regular ‘back to school’ activities in the hopes that this ‘to-do list’ would somehow complete itself… Yet, it has not!
Now don’t get me wrong, I am über exited for school to begin again, I am a firm believer that summer vacation is far too long for kids. Even with only one of the two kids I own being in school, the return of classes brings much peace in to my home. No seriously, the contrast is astounding… and yet instead of being prepared and ready to ship my son off to grade three with a smiling face and a waiting bubble bath (for me) I have procrastinated yet again and left all of the major things until the last-minute. Now with less than a week until the start of classes panic is setting in and I have NOTHING!
My ‘Back-to-school To-Do List‘ is lengthy, and I can’t figure out where I am supposed to begin. I am positing it here in the hopes that one of my readers has a ‘back-to-school’ fairy I may be able to borrow for a day or two to tick some of these pesky tasks off this dreadful list….
- Register C for new school
- Figure out where new school is so I can register C
- Figure out where new home is, so I can find out where new school is, so I can register C…
- Find new home…. (Yup this is procrastination at its finest)
- Purchase back-to-school items such as; Back pack, paper, pencils, binders, etc… (Honestly, Walmart should deliver!)
- Search out and purchase two, Yes! TWO, pairs of shoes for C (Shoe shopping with a boy is a pain in the ass in the first place, let alone show shopping for TWO pairs of shoes!!)
- Grocery shop for school lunch items that will not have Child Services at your door the first day back… (Note: Schools frown upon chocolate spread, cookies, candy and pop… Apparently lunch is supposed to be ‘healthy’ and promote good eating habits! This all stems back to some Sally Sue and her stupid organic garden I am sure!!!)
- Win the lottery… so I can find said house, purchase said items, go grocery shopping for these stupid ‘healthy organic items’ and find the new school so I can register C…
Probably Un-Related Articles
- How to be Organized Event | 31 Days of Back to School (thementalcluttercoach.com)
- Back To School DIY: Melted Crayons on Canvas (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Nail Tutorial – Back To School – #2 Pencil by: dollface22772 (kemmiedotcom.wordpress.com)
- Back to School (socyberty.com)
- Walmart has a great back to school bundle! (tanjententerprises.wordpress.com)
- Send Us Your Back To School Photos! (wdok.radio.com)
- Back to school specialPart 1: Education data today (oup.com)
- Back-to-School Shopping: Consumers Get a ‘C’ for Careful Spending (dailyfinance.com)