I have been neglecting my duties lately, not only on my blog, but in life as well. We have recently moved (yes again!) Actually, we are in the middle of moving right now…. still in the same city, but we found a great house, with a cute little yard, (where I plan to plant a garden) and no elephants upstairs!!!! *Note the sigh of relief* It has far more space than the last place, a better layout, room for the kids, and it’s in a better neighborhood…. all-in-all I think it was a no brainer, but with the added stress and chaos I have been neglectful of my duties to my blog, and my life in general….
Tonight I sat down in the hopes of catching up on all I missed over the last few days with my blog subscriptions. I checked my email, replied to friends, and began reading all that has been going on in the lives of my online friends. A few emails in I came across a little note from one of my favorite bloggers over at Thypolar Life Uncensored, she was leaving a comment to inform me that I had received an award on her blog!!!!!!!
*Stop the presses*
ME!!!??? An AWARD!!?? REALLY????
My heart skipped a beat, a smile spread across my face, and I immediately screamed for the hubby to come see what had just happened…
Running in the room like a bat out of hell, probably assuming I was injured by the tone of pure insanity in my voice I explained to him that ‘I had received an award!’ He looked at me dumbfounded… “umm… for what?’ he asked. I told him all about the Memetastic award and the Three duties it entailed….
- The recipient of the Memetastic award must proudly display the award in a post. *Check*
- The Memetastic recipent must list 5 things about themselves – 4 of which must be complete and utter lies… (their readers must guess which one is the truth) *Check*
- The recipent must pass the Memetastic award on to 5 deserving bloggers. *Check*
And so after reading Thypolar’s post for inspiration (which is always easily provided) I set out to fulfill my duties.
I proudly entered the award in to my post and began the duties that have been bestowed upon me…..
First and foremost I would like to thank Thypolar, of course, for taking the time to, not only read my insane ramblings on a regular basis, but to actually comment regularly as well. You have a way of putting a smile on people’s faces even through a computer screen, I always appreciate what you have to say and I can tell that you put thought in to each thing that you write. It truly makes me happy. And now to know you think highly enough of my blog to give me an award has made me even more ecstatic!! And So… THANK YOU!!!!! * Be sure to check out Thypolar Life... seriously… it is an amazing blog!!
And without any further ado…
Here is my list of 4 BOLD FACE LIES and one truth. Lets see if you can guess which one is my reality!!!
- I was a bit of a ‘Wild Child” and a ‘Trouble Maker’ growing up.I was once arrested for ‘streaking’ at a local football game and spent the night in jail with a woman named “ChaCha” who told me she was a prostitute working her way through college…at 54 years old!!!
- When I was 19 I packed my bags and caught a plane to Hollywood in the hopes of becoming a “Big Star” only to end up back at home, broke with a bruised ego.
- I one appeared on an episode of ‘Two and a Half Men‘ as one of Charlie Sheen‘s hookers. I got to travel to Chicago first class and I got ‘extremely wasted’ on the flight as I had never been on a plane before.
- I once decided that I wanted to see my friends in another city and hitch-hiked 4 hours. One the way I met a man named “Ike’ who had a tear drop tattoo and had killed 3 people. He offered me a ride and I took it. It turned out he was gay and was on his way to break the news to his wife and children.
- I love to eat… Food is one of my favorite past times. When I was younger I entered a spaghetti eating contest where I had to consume an entire plate of spaghetti and meat balls with my hands tied behind my back. I won the contest, even beating out a “BIG” man named Ralph! The prize was a set of lawn darts!
Well there you go… let’s see if any of you can figure out which of these 4 is Actually true. Like my friend each one holds a bit of truth in it at least….
And now on to my last duty before I throw myself into the bed for the night, as all the excitement of this evenings amazing award has overwhelmed and exhausted me. My Nominees for the Memetastic award are: (Drum-roll Please)
- Marcos from Experification
- Why am I here in a hand basket??
- Kim from Let me start by saying…
- Hannah from Happy’s Hannah Place
- Alicia from aayoung
So congrats to all of my nominees, I only hope they will feel even HALF the excitement that I did with this crazy little award that managed to ‘make my day’… Thanks once again to Thypolar… and all of my fellow bloggers for not only sharing your thoughts and chaos, but for spending time experiencing mine. For all your comments and the endless laughter you all provide…. Thank-you.
But now with all of my duties completed in full, I will toss my dead-tired, brittle, and battered body into bed… for moving is a tiring adventure (especially with a 1-year-old constantly attached to your hip!) and I shall return to my duties as a mother, writer, wife, friend, janitor, chef, driver, teacher, clown, doctor… and whatever other position gets thrown my way….. tomorrow with the promise of a follow-up post….
Until next time….
(Also check out – Perfectly Prompted on WordPress)