I have been suffering from a spell of Writer’s Block. As many writers know this can be a very frustrating situation. Lack of inspiration causes me a fair amount of stress. I hate not being able to write. I often sit staring at a bank screen with no idea what to write. Sometimes I know what to write but each time I try to word it, it comes out all wrong, leaving me still staring at a blank screen!
While suffering these moments, which thankfully I don’t suffer from often, I tend to get a little bit depressed, I get snappy at my family, and miserable with my life. I am a bit hard to deal with during these times, even more than I am regularly….I pity those around me at these times.
You see, writing is my way of relaxing. It is my outlet from stress, my ‘me’ time once the kids are in bed, and my escape from reality. It is the way I let the day, and my emotions, just release. I need to write!
That is why during this bout of Writer’s Block I decided I was not going to sit back and just allow it to swallow me. No! I decided I was going to take action and fight this monster that chose to burrow inside my mind for the moment, and so I set out on a mission to force myself to write through this wall…
Born from this fight is another blog of mine that I invite everyone to check out… Perfectly Prompted is my fight against writers block. I decided that I was going to force myself to write as much as possible using writing prompts I found online. (and I have discovered there are many to choose from) With the help of these prompts I have found that, not only am I writing more, I am writing better. I am experimenting with different styles of writing, and I am expanding my personal portfolio. It has been an exciting beginning so far and I am looking forward to where it will lead me… You can view my other site Perfectly Prompted …. Here I will be adding my own prompts for you to try out, as well as a list of the sites I have been using. I have posted my responces to the prompts I have tried, and the site that supplied them for me. I know that wordpress offers daily prompts as well and they are excellent, but many times I am not in the mood to write about what I am told to write about, or that specific prompt may not fit my mood, and so it can be helpful to seek out a different kind of prompt that inspires me.
I hope you will check out Perfectly Prompted and I hope that it may help someone else if they are suffering from Writer’s Block. If nothing else I hope it will give you a glimpse into who I am, maybe some inspiration, and possibly some laughter along the way…..
so until next time….
Possibly Related Articles
- Ready, Set, Write… (perfectlyprompted.wordpress.com)
- Nurturing the Inner Critic for Your Writer’s Block (theunleashedwriter.wordpress.com)
- Nasty case of writer’s block creates the most brilliant scientific paper ever [This Is Awesome] (io9.com)
- How to Overcome Writer’s Block (writinghood.com)
- A Cure For Writers’ Block (bloggingwithoutablog.com)
- Hundred Word Warm Up (cleveroldowl.wordpress.com)
- Blocked… Again! (adriennesnotebook.wordpress.com)
- Breaking Writer’s Block- the Lindelof Way (toddlyden.com)
- GM Writer’s Block, What Do You Do About It? from Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer (philgamer.wordpress.com)
- A Cure for Writer’s Block? (havecoffeewillwrite.wordpress.com)
- I Think I Have Writer’s Block (markrfuchs.wordpress.com)